html> horrorfreeze. come this way. b
...

who is snooping

Locations of visitors to this page

the good old days

::mishmashr::

Friday, May 16, 2008

life improvisations

Tinkling and tinkering on the glass mug filled with Argentinian wine courtesy of Ave and Jussi, I am finally posting something meant for my one reader, rather than a regurgitation of intense emotions for self-expression.

Perhaps, this is an tiny update of sorts of what's going on since I came back to Singapore from Australia.

A hundred thoughts flash through my mind each day, though I think a more plausible number is a thousand, or few thousand, whatever. No empirical evidence whatsoever, but yeah, just know that there are a lot of thoughts...

Peeps on MSN start off convos with "how's life?" but I always hated the proverbial "fine" or "good". I've got an answer somewhat now. Life to me is like improvising on music - I try to plan for it but sometimes, the unexpected tune just hits my chord. Like, ill-timed serendipity. I scat through it, thinking I can be flexible, but mostly I scrape my throat.

I set foot again on this island I am supposed to call home after fourteen months away. I honestly don't feel an awashing of homeliness, really, due to reverse culture shock. My heart is of course tied to the people who I feel connected and drawn to - my dad, my cliques, my sworn sister, miscellaneous buddies who crater-impacted me...

Plenty of people have remained the same, with no significant changes except for more birthday photos on their website, or a new job title on their business card. Out of these, there is a [sub]Plenty of people who have progressed to a higher life stage with wedding rings, babies, houses and mortgages, but the core of their beings is same ole same ole.

Then there is a [niche]Plenty who did change as the songs of life modulates on, who happen to be closest to my heart, and because of that fact I discover a dwindling sense of closeness to them. It's hugely my fault because I couldn't keep in smooth touch with them under the bane of long distance. I finally get the taste of what opportunity cost is.

How am I going to improvise now? What to do now? I have no concrete idea... I do have many upcoming things on my plate:: a career in business broadcasting, a prose-writing mentorship, a start up of OHM underground webbie, a revision of vocals/violin lessons. Love (my Achilles' heel) will have to be put under the plate, until it is palatable.

In retrospect, I am glad I went away, despite the opportunity cost of going away. I have transformed to be much more selective plus focused on the stuff I spend my time on. I have decided to choose my circle of influences wisely, for they can make you sprint or keep you just stationary. I have learnt to listen, to really listen. Well, I haven't learnt it in totality yet, but now I intently want to listen to God, listen to speech, listen to sounds, listen to art - triply, carefully, honestly. I want to use the whole of my ear structure, from outside in from a passive to an active state.

These are my improvisations on life. I go with the flow, I follow my feelings, I react to my gut. I am not sure how the music will turn out being so unrehearsed and impromptu, but I know that at least I will be facing the music, and listening to it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg.i LOVE the last two paragraphs! i was waiting for that resolution!

i realise, more and more, some people do live parallel lives... my discussion recently follows a similar theme and order, though the context may be different. this has been an interactive playground of a blog, as i'm socially fuelled:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=14499612793&topic=4594

read to the end, as you may get my meaning parallel. ie. "choose your friends wisely"

you may learn the reason children play games. games are far more than just games. Mob Wars is financial, teaching me Return of Interest...

again, loved this entry!

2:36:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

...

for the record

|jenny c| |singaporean|cantonese| |virgo|hetereosexual| |24august|telok blangah| |deer-lookalike|i'm a dear| |music & journalism| |desires to be serenaded| |abuses literary devices| |unwilling perfectionist| |clings on to idealism|
|goes for all or nothing|
|vehemently loyal in love|
|gives glory to God| horrorfreeze[at]gmail.com

guilty by association

::alexander::
::andre::
::aveline::
::azrael::
::belinda::
::christopher::
::darren::
::felicia::
::herwin::
::jael::
::jeremy::
::jiahui::
::jussi::
::khoon::
::kristen::
::lingual::
::luke::
::molly::
::nate::
::norbert::
::phineas::
::shaun::
::vittachi::
::weichong::
::wesley::
::zyis::

where the hell is J

^^facebook^^
^^livejournal^^
^^friendster^^
^^myspace^^
^^tumblr^^
^^vox^^
^^WAYN^^
^^wordpress^^
^^xanga^^
...

seen through a rectangle

earworm of the month


Dreams of a Butterfly by S 0 N I C B R A T
...

?wassup, dudette


http://twitter.com